Throughout his 22 years in the business world, Lebohang W. Khitsane has exhibited all the traits of a phenomenal entrepreneur. Identifying business opportunities, founding companies and revolutionising industries with innovative ideas are his signature moves.
Since matriculating in 1993, Khitsane has started the following businesses:
- Lebo’s Printers – a printing company in Germiston, Gauteng (1994)
- Khitsane Fashions – an importer of clothing from Germany (2001)
- Bataung Memorials – a manufacturer of tombstones, plaques, statues and monuments (2004)
- Khitsane Investments – a property development company (2007)
- JL Lounge – an upmarket club in Ekurhuleni (2008)
- Bataung Financial Services – a funeral insurance provider
· Bataung GraveCare – provides ongoing tending and maintenance of gravesites
· Bataung Memorials International – the international arm of Bataung Memorials
· Hunter’s Batsumi
· Jacob’s Bridge – an online portal to the country’s best-quality providers of funeral-related products and services (2015)
While he has since sold some of these companies, Khitsane is still director of Khitsane Investments, Bataung Memorials, Bataung Financial Services, Bataung GraveCare, Bataung Memorial International, Hunter’s Batsumi and Jacob’s Bridge. In 2014 Khitsane bought out Bataung Memorial Tombstones’ major competitor, West Hyper Tombstones.